Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Counter Tops

We had a little drama with the counter tops this week.  We had picked out Lincolnshire quartz for the kitchen and were just informed that those tops are now on back order.  Even arrival at the earliest date possible would be too close for comfort for the Parade of Homes.  This was initially disappointing news, but I had been questioning our selection for a few weeks.  The good news is that our second option, Windermere, is available.  I've seen it large scale at the Cabinet Works show room and it is really beautiful. 
I'm a little worried about our back splash tiles, a polished travertine, which we selected to go with Lincolnshire.  It would not have been my first choice for pairing with Windermere, but it looks like there are enough warm tones in the counter tops as well as significant color variation in the tile.  I am just hoping that it will all come together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment