Friday, February 17, 2012

Another week goes by...

Lots of activity at the house again.  I think the electricians are finishing up.  The siding is still going up.
  
We've picked out a design for the built-in for the great room.  We're also working on choosing bathroom fixtures and kitchen hardware.   We met with Brad from The Water Shop to pick out our water softener.  We are contemplating a reverse osmosis system.  (I'm embarrassed to say I buy bottled water because I can't stand the taste of the water from our faucet.  From my calculations, we'll break even in about three years and I won't be responsible for all that plastic.  It's definitely worth thinking about.  My husband is attempting to apply this same logic for a kegerator.  Such a chore to recycle those bottles...)  

We've been looking at stained sample boards for a few weeks to make a decision on the hardwood floors.  I've been researching finishes.  I've talked with the color expert at Sherwin Williams about a custom stain.  I'm still confused.  We're getting about 1600 square feet of hardwood in the house, so I want to make sure we pick the right color.   Our quest is ongoing.  

For the first time in nearly three months, I'm feeling exhausted from the decision-making.  

No comments:

Post a Comment